I’ve Got a Secret — 1952
This page lists 23 episodes. Most of the information is from the Kinescopes list. All air dates are Thursdays.
- Host: The episode of 8/7 (week 8) was hosted by Steve Allen. Otherwise, there is no indication that anyone but Garry Moore was host, so the host is omitted from the table.
- Panel: Of the six people who were longtime regular panelists over the show’s run, only three (Bill Cullen, Jayne Meadows, and Henry Morgan) made their debuts during the first year, so this year never had a regular panel that consisted of four of those six people.
Nothing is known about the onscreen credits for the first year.
Bold = Name appears on no other page
Link = Name appears on other pages
Normal = Name appears earlier on this page
|Calendar Week||Air Date||Guest||Panelist 1||Panelist 2||Panelist 3||Panelist 4|
|1: 6/15-21||6/19/521||Boris Karloff||Orson Bean||Louise Allbritton||Melville Cooper||Laura Z. Hobson|
|3: 6/29-7/5||[N/A]||4: 7/6-12||[N/A]|
|5: 7/13-19||7/17/52||Buster Keaton||[Unknown]|
|7: 7/27-8/2||7/31/52||Ralph Kiner||Bill (debut)2||Jayne (debut)2||Melville Cooper||Laraine Day|
|8: 8/3-9||8/7/52||Paul Lukas||Bill||Jayne||Melville Cooper||Laura Z. Hobson|
|9: 8/10-16||8/14/52||Wanda Hendrix||Bill||Jayne||Melville Cooper||Laura Z. Hobson|
|10: 8/17-23||8/21/523||Mischa Auer||Bill||Jayne||Melville Cooper||Laraine Day|
|11: 8/24-30||8/28/52||Gloria Swanson||Bill||Jayne||Walter Kiernan||Laraine Day|
|12: 8/31-9/6||9/4/52||ZaSu Pitts||Bill||Jayne||Melville Cooper||Laraine Day|
|13: 9/7-13||9/11/52||Sam Levenson||Bill||Jayne||Melville Cooper||Laraine Day|
|14: 9/14-20||9/18/52||Veronica Lake||Bill||Jayne||Melville Cooper||Laraine Day|
|15: 9/21-27||9/25/52||Pat O’Brien||Bill||Jayne||Melville Cooper||Laraine Day|
|16: 9/28-10/4||10/2/52||Mickey Mantle||Eddie Bracken||Jayne||Melville Cooper||Nina Foch|
|17: 10/5-11||10/9/52||Corinne Calvet||Bill||Jayne||Eddie Bracken||Nina Foch|
|18: 10/12-18||10/16/52||Melvyn Douglas||Bill||Jayne||Eddie Bracken||Nina Foch|
|19: 10/19-25||10/23/52||Elsa Maxwell||Bill||Jayne||Eddie Bracken||Kitty Carlisle|
|20: 10/26-11/1||10/30/52||Linda Christian||Bill||Jayne||Eddie Bracken||Kitty Carlisle|
|21: 11/2-8||11/6/52||Barry Fitzgerald||Bill||Jayne||Eddie Bracken||Kitty Carlisle|
|22: 11/9-15||11/13/52||Chester Morris||Bill||Jayne||Henry (debut)||Kitty Carlisle|
|23: 11/16-22||11/20/52||Margaret O’Brien||Bill||Jayne||Henry||Kitty Carlisle|
|24: 11/23-29||11/27/52||Lizabeth Scott||Bill||Jayne||Henry||Kitty Carlisle||25: 11/30-12/6||[Unknown]|
|26: 12/7-13||12/11/52||Dick Haymes4||Bill||Jayne||Henry||Kitty Carlisle|
|27: 12/14-20||12/18/52||Maxie Rosenbloom||Bill||Jayne||Henry||Kitty Carlisle|
|28: 12/21-27||12/25/52||Basil Rathbone||Bill||Jayne||Henry||Kitty Carlisle|
Week 28, 12/25/52
In a practice that would later be abandoned, the questioning is allowed to go twice around the panel. This entire episode is viewable on YouTube.
- Garry introduces the panel by reading a poem sent in by William Fawcett of New Haven.
- Herman Perlman, Washington, DC: “I decorated the bathtubs in the White House.” Bill guesses.
- Marion Ettie: “I am the 1953 Orange Bowl Queen.” Henry guesses.
- Guest Basil Rathbone: “I’m wearing long red flannels.” Jayne guesses.
- Kay Sirota, Manhattan: “I was nurse for Kitty Carlisle’s husband” (Moss Hart).
1 In the episode of 1/31/66, Bill answers the question of who was on the first panel. The seating order is a guess based on the later known appearances of Melville Cooper and Laura Z. Hobson.
2 In the 4th anniversary episode of 6/13/56, Bill and Jayne agree that they both began in the third episode.
3 Includes contestant Martin Rafferty, Brooklyn: “I became the father of triplets this week.” Sponsor is Arrid. This segment is viewable on YouTube.
4 Secret: “I’m sitting on Bill’s hat.”